Topic: To Alfred

Alfred, I've been visiting this forum since the second day of its opening. Currently, most of the posts here are from you. There are all copy/paste posts. I appreciate the information but is there something that you would like to say too? The M6 forum has now closed, would this be because of legal reasons, I don't know. What I do know is that forums are normally used to discuss issues and the issues now are 2.

1. The M6 cancellation
2. The M6 forum closure.

I believe that there must be other reasons why M6 was cancelled and I believe that the M6 forum was closed due to the slanderous remarks and personal attacks it contained. In fact some of the attacks in there were so aggressive and biased that it makes me wonder if the whole thing was rigged.

So why do you think that the official forum was closed?

Re: To Alfred

I wonder why you ask me. I live far away from Cyprus and it is a few months ago that I've been there (yes, in Nicosia, yes, in the M6 office near the old power station). I don't have any privileged channel to insider information about the NFA or the municipality and I don't know what the people who worked in the M6 office think about the fiasco.
Maybe you ask a member of this forum, Margarita Paraskevaidou; her name sounds like the name of someone who worked in the M6 office, perhaps it is the same person.
I remember that at the end of may there was a message in the official forum, signed "M6 team", that they were going to close the forum down, in protest against the mayor's announcements to cancel Manifesta 6. I don't know whether this message was authentic or not (it was an open forum where everyone could post messages under real or invented names).
Just one remark about discussion in forums and especially in this forum:
For me 'discussion' is not reduced to 'exchange of individual beliefs, speculations, etc.' but begins with information, with facts and interpretation of facts (it is better to know what you are talking about). Therefore I posted the articles taken from the Cyprus press.
At the moment it really isn't important what I think about the whole disaster (already an interpretation, an evaluation) and I don't feel a need or a pressure to "say" something about it in public.

Re: To Alfred

Hello.
Shutting the forum down: I see no reason for it. Protesting by erasing the only meeting point M6 had so far provided for its participants? It seemed necessary to create a new site of exchange where (registered) contributors don't hijack a discussion with idiotic remarks, more apt to work constructively than a public forum. but as a general meeting point and public window I thought it was relevant. I find it offensive towards the contributors to take it offline.
Has anyone documented our posts and discussions?
Regards, Inga