Topic: M6 Archives: F. Waldvogel's statement 29/05/2006

Here is a copy of Florian Waldvogel's statement in the official M6 forum (I copied it to send it as e-mails to the colleagues).
He phoned me today from Rotterdam and told me that this statement is authentic (there were a few people in the forum who denied that one of the curators would participate in a forum discussion because - one of the stereotypes in the rather primitive part of the whole discussion - 'the curators were sooooo arrogant').

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
M& forum
Subject    sorry for the lack of communication
Date    29 May 2006 20:52:04
From    Florian Waldvogel

dear all,
i want to apologize for the lack of communication over the past few weeks. the problems of the curatorial team with the host city are serious. we will inform you about the continuation of the manifesta 6 school on friday, the 2nd of june.
we regret that the situation has come to this , it was not our intention to keep information from you.
please believe me, we tried everything to solve the serious problems but if you can't work independently and with autonomy like it is written in our contract, then you have to fight for it.
this is the reason the sitaution has come to this. i hope you all agree that all we, the cultural workers, must fight to not be tools of political interests.
power to the people.
good night, and good luck.
florian waldvogel

Re: M6 Archives: F. Waldvogel's statement 29/05/2006

F. Waldvogel's statement may be authentic, however A. Vidokle's statement is definitely not authentic. I saw him in Antwerp last night and he confirmed he did not write it.