Topic: Doublethink

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously and accepting both of them." - (George Orwell, 1984)

I read many one sided posts here and in the official M6 forum regarding the situation in Cyprus and the case of Manifesta.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course and this is what democracy and free speech is all about. I am not certain how this discussion will help Art which is what Manifesta Foundation is all about but nevertheless I follow it to see where it will lead.

For visitors here who wish to create a more educated view of Cyprus' recent history I would recommend: www.cyprus-conflict.net . It offers articles from both sides of the conflict.

I would urge people who are interested not to take everything posted in this forum as facts. They are facts as far as a grass-root level discussion goes but it also is a war of impressions from both sides. A war which is fought with alias names and masked attitudes.

Yet again how can a grass root level discussion happen in an online forum where there is only a very limited number of participants who wish to voice their opinions?

There is one prevailing impression every time I visit this forum which dominates everything else: Apart for a very few posts there is the attitude that "if you are not with us, you are against us". Apart from a very small minority there are no doublethinkers here. There are not enough people to balance the extremist views, both political and regarding the IFM-NFA conflict. Participants here do not offer an impartial view, but maybe, going back to 'doublethought', an impartial view is not what is demanded by this forum but instead "...what both sides ... want ... is not impartiality but credibility - - the ability to deliver the goods." - (Giandomenico Picco, http://www.cyprus-conflict.net/picco.htm)